The next chapter in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and the battle royale game Warzone is about to unfold. The Season 6 update is coming very soon, and now Infinity Ward has informed fans about when exactly the update goes live and when to expect the patch notes. [Update: The patch notes are out now–see them below]
Infinity Ward senior communications manager Ashton Williams said in a tweet that the Season 6 update will go live at the usual time–11 PM PT on September 28. That works out to 2 AM ET and 7 AM GMT on September 29. For players in Australia, the patch will arrive starting in the late afternoon, from around 4 PM AEST.
The Season 6 patch includes a number of general fixes. For C4, a beep will now play when you use the quick detonation trigger; throw velocity has also been dropped by 30 percent. The patch also fixes an issue where players could hold unlimited stopping power rounds.
In terms of weapons, the Origin 12 shotgun has seen its damage at close range reduced, while all shotgun slug damage for Warzone has been increased. Additionally, the patch fixes a pair of problems that caused the player’s watch or heartbeat sensor to fail to fully appear when using the XRK chainsaw attachment on the Finn LMG.
For Warzone specifically, Infinity Ward has fixed a collision issue for the Stadium, while the patch also fixes an exploit that allowed players to see through a fence. The patch also fixes an issue whereby players could not damage enemies while using the ascender.
You can see the full patch notes below, as posted by Infinity Ward.
Even before revealing the patch notes, Infinity Ward provided an exhaustive rundown of what’s in the Season 6 update. This includes new maps for Modern Warfare, more weapons, and a new subway system in the battle royale game. There are also new Operators coming, including Farrah from the Modern Warfare campaign while there will be a new Battle Pass to get started on with the Season 6 refresh.
The game will also feature a Halloween-themed event called the Haunting of Verdansk, featuring limited-time modes and rewards. The PS4 version of Modern Warfare will see more exclusive content, but the previously PS4-exclusive Survival Mode will finally be coming to Xbox and PC.
You can read up on GameSpot’s full Season 6 coverage to find out everything that’s new.
Modern Warfare/Warzone Season 6 Patch Notes
- Ground War
- Gunfight Blueprint Customs
- Face Off – Station
- Killstreak Confirmed
- Season Six Mish Pit – Season Six maps Broadcast and Mialstor Tank Factory in mosh pit game modes
- BR Quads
- BR Trios
- BR Duos
- BR Solos
- Plunder Trios
- Armored Royale Quads
- C4: Slight delay when performing a quick detonation. A beep will now play when quick detonation is triggered. Also reduced throw initial velocity by 30%
- Fix for a bug where, after reviving a teammate in Survival, there will be a 5 second delay before the user is able to use their weapon again
- Fix for an issue where players could obtain unlimited Stopping Power rounds
- Fix for an issue where the defending player had a long respawn timer after the HQ was taken back and all players were dead while in a Headquarters match
- Fix for an issue where it was possible to put a molotov or grenade into a planted bomb causing it to kill the diffusing player
- Fix for two issues where the player’s watch and/or Heartbeat Sensor would not be entirely visible when using the XRK Chainsaw attachment on the Finn LMG
- Fix for a bug where explosive and thermite rounds do not function as intended on the Chronic variant from the Blunt Force II bundle
- Fixed an issue where the muzzle selection screen for the Finn LMG was hard to view in the Gunsmith menu
- Fixed an issue where the player’s left hand will not properly grip the weapon when the 23.0” Romanian barrel is equipped on the AK
- Fixed a few bugs where the prone hipfire view model positioning was not appearing as intended and could disappear in certain circumstances
- Origin 12: Reduced very close damage in Warzone
- Shotguns: Increased damage of slugs in Warzone
- XRK ChainSAW – FiNN LMG:
- Adding a description in Gunsmith nothing the attachment does not allow for weapon mounting
- Increased brightness on the Tac Laser attachment
- Fixed a collision issue in the south corner of the Stadium
- Fix for an issue where a fence with a white tarp over it near the Hospital was allowing players to see through it on one side
- Fix for an issue where, on occasion, the train would appear as a white placeholder icon on the map
- Implemented fixes to help properly track Warzone wins
- Fixed a bug where players were unable to damage enemies with gunfire while on an ascender
- If a player has their minimap set to not rotate, they will see inaccurate pings on the heartbeat sensor. This has been fixed
- Fix for a rare issue where the Train’s supply boxes could vanish during longer rounds
- NVIDIA Reflex is now available in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, including Warzone, and will deliver latency improvements in GPU-intensive gaming scenarios on GeForce GTX 900 and higher NVIDIA graphics cards
- Improved stability and performance
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.