Square Enix filed trademarks for “Ever Crisis” and “The First Soldier” on December 17, 2020 in Japan, as well as the Shinra Electric Power Company logo on December 22. All three trademarks were just made public today.
All three trademarks seem to be related to Square Enix’s Final Fantasy VII series:
- “Ever Crisis” shares a similar name to the 2004-released mobile game Before Crisis: Final Fantasy VII and 2007-released PSP game Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII.
- “The First Soldier” may be a reference to Sephiroth, the main villain of the Final Fantasy VII series.
- The Shinra Electric Power Company is an organization in the world of Final Fantasy VII.
The latest game in the Final Fantasy VII series, Final Fantasy VII Remake, launched for PlayStation 4 in April 2020.
In related news, Bandai Namco trademarked “Starlit Box” on December 21, which sounds like it could be a limited edition for its upcoming The Idolmaster: Starlit Season. A live stream announcing the latest information on the game is planned for January 17.
Comments are welcome and encouraged on Gematsu. However, we ask that you follow a simple set of guidelines:
- Read the full article before commenting.
- Stay on topic.
- No drive-by comments, including trolling, baiting, or shit-posting.
- Know when not to comment. If you do not care about a topic, you do not need to comment.
- No offensive comments. This includes abusive, threatening, pornographic, misleading, or libelous content / language, as well as general harassment and individual attacks.
- No port-begging.
- No console wars.
- Use spoiler tags when posting spoiler or NSFW (non-nude-only) content. For example: <spoiler>Woe is Leomon.</spoiler> State the subject of the content outside of the spoiler tags.
- Be respectful towards other commenters. You do not have to agree with each other, but debate politely. If you find that a commenter is not following this simple etiquette, do not carry on the conversation—simply report it.
Gematsu reserves the right to edit or delete any comments without notice. This comment policy is subject to change at any time.